Sunday 31 January 2010

Scottish grace

Changing your mind is often difficult. Especially when you've expressed your opinion in public. For you reading this post, all two of you, by 'public' I mean you.

For those of you who read my plea for Andy Murray to lose at the Australian Open, looks like I need to retract my statements. Or, at least, temper them. So, what was it that dented my hatred of Murray? The softy that I am, it was watching him cry. After losing to King Fed the 1st in the final Andy simply couldn't hold back the tears. Having to withstand an interview in front of 10,000 people in the stadium and millions of TV viewers, Murray found the grace to say: "Now you know I can cry like Roger. It's a shame I couldn't play like him!". Only a man with a heart of stone could still hate the guy. At least I can still hate his mum. Horrible, horrible person with not a single redeeming feature.

So, end of January and 105km behind me. For those of you with a mind for numbers going "he's gonna make it to a 1,000km easily", hold your horses. I was lucky, with bank holidays and weekends squeezing themselves into the month most snuggily. February is short and mean. I am targeting 180km by the end of the month. Wish me luck.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment