Wednesday 20 January 2010

Dizzying heights

And now for the important things in life!

As you may be aware, I am something of a football fan. The poor sod type of a football fan, whose team have lost the habit for winning trophies. I wouldn't mind that if there was genuinely no hope. Hope, in this case, is the problem. We will be in contention until mid March and then fade away. When it matters most, we'll feel fortunate if we drew the game even if we are leading 3:0 on the 89th minute.

Unsurprisingly then, today, when we had to pull a regulation 2:0 win at home over a team from the relegation zone, we were 0:2 down by the 23rd minute.

And yet, something is genuinely different this season. Before half time we pulled back to 1:2. On the 85th minute we managed to pull it off with 4:2. So, I know you would not believe me but, as we speak, my football team is enjoying the dizzying heights of the top of the Premier League.

I am looking to make the most of this. By this time Saturday it will all be over. By March we'll be down to 4th place fighting for a Champion's League spot.

Hopefully, by then I will be clocking enough km to feel on top of my challenge. 70km down, 930km to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment