Tuesday 18 May 2010

10x The Big M

Finally reached 420km today. That's 10 Marathons! Still, I ain't no Haile Gebrselassie. You see, the man runs 42km in 2:03:59 - that's 20km/h. Cars are not allowed to go faster in our neighbourhood. So, me struggling to do 12km/h on a 10km run is not that impressive after all.

And still, the further I go into my 1,000km challenge, the more I feel like going for The Big M. I'm not sure I am up to it though. And, more importantly, I am afraid of putting too much stress on my aging body. Simply, I cannot afford an injury. Going for The Big M and ending not living up to the original challenge would be too much.

So, here's an idea that came to me during the run today: go for the Marathon after the 1,000km is done! Need to give it some more thought before I commit to it. Will get back to once when I do.

PS 420km down. 580km to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment