Sunday 12 December 2010

1,000km down. 0km to go.

Finally, after exactly 50 weeks, I set out for my final run toward the illusive target I set myself - 1,000km in 2010. Like Rubber Duck in Sam Peckinpah's Convoy I was joined half way through by Pig Pen aka UJ and toward the final stretch by Spider Mike aka MGF N. The convoy finally crossed the Mexican border where MGF T and MBH, standing in for Ali MacGraw, were waiting for us with ice cold fizzy to celebrate.

A great sense of achievement. No anti-climax. Couldn't have timed it better - the finale of the weekend! The X-Factor final has been over-shadowed [delusions of grandeur are part of the game].

And now, with the challenge met, I am almost ready to sign off - this is my penultimate blog-post. I will write another next week with my by-now-traditional forecasts for the coming year.

So, for now, adieu, adios, arrivederci, auf wiedersehen and au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment