Tuesday 27 July 2010

Patience, tolerance or even stoicism

It's been two whole months and I managed not to mention it. Not even once. Not that things have been going well, according to plan or even remotely within the agreed timelines. They weren't. Not that it merely impacts me. It impacts my entire family. In fact, it very much limits our ability to enjoy this glorious summer. And still, I have yet to mention it. Not even once. The refurbishment.

You see, two month ago works started on the house. New roof. New windows. Pointing. Bricks. The lot. The house is surrounded by scaffolds that are covered by a white net. People walking up and down peering through our windows at all hours of the day. Constant banging and inordinate amounts of dust and debris. Everywhere.

And still, I did not mention it. Not even once. Until today. No longer patient. All tolerance lost. Stoicism? No F***** Way.

PS 625km down. 375km to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment