Monday 5 April 2010

Limbo

Have been feeling rather deflated the last couple of days. Deflated being the opposite of elated rather than inflated, mind you. Not talking about Easter lunch. Spent the Easter bank holidays relaxing. Doing not much at all. Recharging the batteries. And still, I feel like I'm running on empty. Now this would be a perfect time to mention that I did run 30km this weekend, and make a pun about doing it on empty, but that would be way too obvious, wouldn't it?

Not sure what it is. My head feels heavy. My eyelids as if they're made of led. I am on a day off from work and I feel like doing nothing at all. Now, assuming everything is ok with me physically - as a stereotypical male I need to show my hypochondriac side - I was wondering why I was feeling this way. Having mulled about it for the last few minutes, I believe I may have stumbled on the answer: I am in limbo. Not the Catholic Limbo i.e. floating between Heaven and Hell. That may be rather exciting I think. A much more mundane limbo, when you know you are reaching important junctures in your life yet you can do absolutely nothing to either reach them more quickly or determine their outcome.

Surprisingly enough, I am not talking about Arsenal's game at the Nuo Camp tonight against Barca. No limbo there. Barca will win comfortably. We are as good as out of the competition already. I am not talking about the Premier League either. The likelihood of Arsenal winning all 5 games whilst Chelsea lose or draw at least 2 out of 5 is so close to zero it is not worth bothering with.

Depressingly, it is to do with work. End of quarter. End of year. Next year. Career. Somehow I feel that, for good and for bad, the course has been set a while back and I have little capacity to change it. Not a feeling I like very much, to be honest. Need to do something about it. Stay put!

295km down. 705km to go. 32km ahead of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment