Sunday 14 March 2010

Mother's Day

Nearly got in trouble today.

MGF G called this morning and spoke to MBH.
"So," MBH asked, "what did you do for your lovely wife for Mother's Day?"
"Well," said G, "we got her breakfast in bed, I baked a cake, the kids sang a song . . . . . " and with every additional word I could see MBH's face sinking. You see, MBH was up at 8:00 (and Sunday is her day to have a bit of a rest), made her own breakfast and the children didn't even write a Mother Day's card.

Being the perceptive guy that he is, G identified the opportunity to help his good friend out and said, "BTW, I also got her a pair of earrings and booked tickets to the theatre tonight." What are friends for?

So, I didn't even wait til MBH got off the phone and made my way to the dog-house.

To my surprise, when MBH came over, she opened the dog-house door and asked me to come out. You see, having talked to S, G's better half, she realised G failed to mention a minor point: Mother's Day happened to fall this year on S's birthday!

So, thanks G and many many happy returns S.

J

PS 230km down, 770km to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment